The jobs listed below are engineering positions with RMC member companies. The corresponding links will provide access to information about the position and the application process. Please apply DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANY. The RMC will not accept applications or resumes. This listing is provided as a benefit of RMC membership and as a resource for engineering students
Reliability Engineer at Amazon
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with one of the world’s largest online fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you’re looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn
This role, under minimal supervision, is responsible for providing engineering support for planning, operation and maintenance of material handling systems, robotics, buildings and utilities. The role will develop and implement programmatic methods to ensure safe operations, high equipment reliability/availability,cost effective maintenance, continuous improvement culture, and regulatory compliance.
This individual will be responsible for applying efficient end use technologies to material handling equipment with the goal of reducing operating costs. This role includes applying maintenance strategies and predictive technologies while optimizing a system’s operational performance, life cycle cost, and payback.
The role will provide site support in alignment with the Reliability Center of Excellence to:
Increase system and facility uptime to 100%; Decrease/ eliminate Lost Production Hours below client targets at each site; and Increase site throughput by implementing engineering based practices, equipment and systems.
The Reliability Program Manager is accountable for supporting the site programs including tenets of Reliability Centered Maintenance, Next Generation Maintenance, condition monitoring, predictive methods, condition assessments and Life Cycle Asset Management. These programs will use underlying methodologies such as Operational Excellence, Lean/ Six Sigma, OEE, Kaizen and SPC.
- Evaluate assigned equipment, systems and components and identify areas where reliability issues exist, useful life may be nearing an end, or client financial and operational objectives are not being met by current asset performance.
- Responsible for the execution of reliability excellence/maintenance Writes and maintains reliability maintenance strategy documents.
- Responsible for ranking the criticality of the assets under their care, typically using and for defining the proactive maintenance approaches that are cost-beneficial to the business.
- Identify and implement predictive maintenance technologies. Manage predictive maintenance equipment.
- Work with EAM group to leverage the value of our EAM computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, planned/predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory/sharing, MRO management, and maintenance history of equipment.
- Analyze operational data and equipment performance history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics and KPI’s.
- Administer predictive programs such as for sites as dictated by reliability program. Administration may include vendor selection, program scoping/scheduling, analysis review, and corrective action follow-up.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis in support of operational event and equipment failure investigations to ensure that the root cause/causal factors have been identified, corrective actions prescribed, and follow-up monitoring conducted as applicable, to determine effectiveness.
- Conduct system and equipment audits on a periodic and as needed basis. Audits will generally be focused on safety, regulatory compliance, maintenance effectiveness, cost savings, and energy conservation.
- Perform life-cycle financial modeling of developed technical solutions. Constructs detailed technical proposals and documents for capital plans, bids and the like.
- Support commissioning activities for all new, upgrade, renovation, and construction projects which may include, but is not limited to, PM job plans, reviews for maintainability, critical spares, documentation, etc.
- Contribute to reliability program improvements through a deep understanding of failure modes, frequencies and counter measures.
- Contribute to Quarterly and Monthly Business Reviews (MBR/ QBR) with client.
- Favorably influence controls program for conveyance equipment including Rockwell/ AB RSLogix5000, Warehouse Management Systems, OEM operating systems and equipment typical in a manufacturing and distribution operation.
- Remain abreast of leading industry practices and methods by being integrated in the profession including related affiliations and associations.
- Work with the Center of Excellence to develop and implement best practices
- Undergraduate degree in relevant engineering, engineering technology or related field.
- Masters degree in Reliability Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the job offered or related occupation of Reliability Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Extensive hands on experience of manufacturing systems, conveyance, robotic, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire suppression system in commercial/critical facilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and collaborative management style.
- Extensive experience in applying Reliability Centered Maintenance principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team and in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time across all time zones in North America.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
Contact Phillip Pardue directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
AREA MAINTENANCE MANAGER at Amazon
Summary Amazon Account Responsibilities: The purpose of this position is to lead a team of facilities associates and ensure a safe working environment for all.
Customary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients. Attends client meetings.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing conveyor and material handling maintenance. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports.
- Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Help to develop, set and track budgets. Handles project planning and cost analysis.
- Understand and implement safety programs.
- Uses pc and/or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Provides process and procedure training.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of reports.
- Mentors all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelors degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates and/or licenses:
- Facility Management certification preferred. Driver’s license may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Other skills and/or abilities:
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents. Blueprint and schematic reading. Experience with industrial electrical, controls, and electronics.
Contact Phillip Pardue directly at email@example.com
Maintenance Reliability Engineer (REXIT project 2.5) at Alcoa, Ferndale, WA
Alcoa Aluminum BU is investing in a total re-engineering and upgrade on its Maintenance Reliability systems and is investing $9.9M, spanning over the next 3 years in the change process. This will impact the way we manage our maintenance processes in the BU
We are looking for 3 engineers – one in US, one in Canada and one in Europe who will team up and be embedded in the project implementation organization. The work you will be a part of will mostly be executed at plant locations starting at our pilot plant Fjarðaál in February. The positions will all require extended global travel and will finish with a maintenance engineering role at Intalco (Ferndale WA), Lista (Norway) and a Canadian (Quebec) location at the completion of the project. In this role, you will gain in-depth competence through a learn by doing environment on the reliability systems, driving stability and continuous improvement in our plants over the next decade.
The project has 3 key pillars:
- Work management – where we are moving communication out in the hands of the operators and craftsmen through mobile solutions and modern platforms for online visual management.
- Asset management – where the maintenance strategies are developed as well as online condition monitoring of equipment.
- Predictive analytics – where advanced methods based on multiple inputs will be used to predict future failures. The IT platforms and companies we are working with are all marked leaders.
Major activities/Key Challenges
- Offer support on implementing REXIT, following the project plan and plant individual REX roadmaps.
- Setting up the Bentley AssetWise Reliability application for individual plants with support from Bentley SME’s, COE resources together with location reliability resources.
- Coordinate and move Criticality analysis for assets into the system
- Facilitate in data preparation and import to Bentley AssetWise system from plant databases
- Conducting and capturing failure mode and effect analysis on systems
- Work on Preventive maintenance procedures and inspection forms in Bentley both from legacy local systems and new input from FMEA.
- Arrange and configure condition monitoring indicator in Bentley AssetWise application and connect with the OSIsoft PI Historian AF (Asset framework) model
- Customize dashboards and reports in Bentley application and reports and dashboards based on MDR data.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Background as a craftsperson or operator who has added formal engineering education, or a person starting an engineering career.
- Passion to learn and improve.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, technical discipline or equivalent.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Product Manager-Vibration Portables and Wireless at Emerson Automation Solutions Company Location Knoxville, TN, US
This individual will provide leadership in product development and promotion of AMS brand portable and wireless vibration products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define and manage the future direction for portable and wireless vibration products.
- Develop specifications that match the international market requirements while balancing the capabilities of engineering.
- Define the proper message, positioning and pricing relevant to their products.
- Assist in the development of respective Marketing collateral; such as data sheets, presentations and trade publication articles.
- Act as the focal point to respond to technical or marketing requests for these products.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date technical and functional analysis on relevant competitors.
- Coordinate with other Emerson divisions to assure technical, messaging and positioning compliance.
- Assess the market position, size, trends, and needs for portable and wireless vibration.
Bachelors degree in Engineering required, Masters degree in Engineering or MBA a plus.
1-2 years experience in product marketing, technical development and/or technical sales; preferably with industry experience (intern/co-op experience will be considered).
Knowledge of machines and processes in industries such as Power, Refining, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pulp and Paper, Cement and/or Manufacturing.
Knowledge of software and vibration analysis techniques used to diagnose malfunctions with rotating machinery.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills.
Ability to communicate customer needs to engineer product developers.
Ability to communicate product features and benefits to sales team and customers.
Ability to maintain good customer relations.
Contact Todd Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliability Engineer at Johns Manville
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Reliability Engineer. The Reliability Engineer has the overall responsibility for monitoring and improving reliability and performance of plant production and support equipment. This individual will champion the Asset Care and Reliability (AC&R) program, root cause analysis of failures, continuous improvement initiatives, and reliability related projects. This person is a key resource for the Maintenance Department.
The Etowah, Tennessee plant houses two major furnaces and two glass mat lines. Molten glass is produced on both furnaces and converted to a continuous filament fiber. The fiber is chopped to a prescribed length and then used in various processes in the building industry.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Coordinate and lead the Asset Care and Reliability program
- Manage predictive maintenance program including Thermal Scanning, Ultrasonic, Tribology and Vibration monitoring to ensure compliance to established standards.
- Hands-on facilitation of RCCA events (root cause corrective action).
- Review Engineering specs and design modifications to process equipment for reliability capability.
- Supervise, monitor, develop staff performance, training, and cross training, ensuring a work environment that is team oriented, supportive, respectful, and accountable
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance, plant, or reliability engineering experience in continuous manufacturing environment Proven history of continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Working knowledge of root cause analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals in team based environment.
Additional consideration given for:
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience would be a plus
Maintenance and Reliability Engineer/Coordinator at Jacobs
Maintenance and Reliability Engineer (MRE) will create/manage the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Plan in accordance with FOMS contract requirements.
MRE will work closely with the Government to develop and implement a comprehensive facility RCM program for the equipment and facilities at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and establish the most efficient maintenance organization.
MRE will collect and use the data per the CMMS MAXIMO Job Plan for each piece of equipment.
MRE will utilize onsite vibration analysis capability at or exceeding ISO 18436 levels. MRE shall use the existing established vibration data base for analysis, trending and reporting.
MRE shall be experienced in the collection of oil samples for analysis and oil analysis software, MCE use and analysis, ultrasonic and ultrasound testing and analysis, shaft and sheave alignment, and balancing of rotational facilities equipment.
Interpret PT&I data reports and enter the data into CMMS for to the equipment analyzed. MRE is responsible for upkeep and updating of PT&I equipment as well as providing training in these technologies and information for upgrades to PT&I equipment and processes to fellow employees.
Maintain and keep current all RCM PT&I software and data. Use PT&I technologies including vibration analysis, motor analysis, thermography, laser alignment, airborne ultrasound, and oil analysis. Perform root cause failure analysis, and failure modes and effects analysis.
Evaluate and develop RCM-based maintenance strategies for facilities equipment
The primary role of the Maintenance and Reliability Engineer position is to identify and manage asset reliability risks. Propose solutions to improve existing systems as they relate to Operations and Maintenance. Support the evolution of NASA’s Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS-Maximo) which is expected to include field mobility and/or mobile connectivity. Assist NASA Maintenance Specialists (and prime contractor maintenance personnel) to develop a more mature Maintenance system by integrating industry best practices. Responsible for optimizing work processes and administrative controls while utilizing CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) principles that can be applied to existing and future Preventative Maintenance Work Orders.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer will report to the Engineering Services Manager. The M&R Engineer will also coordinate with other managers to integrate RCM practices and optimize maintenance job plans.
Facilitate RCM training to NASA and prime contractor personnel to increase certifications and team synergy.
Required experience:8+ years.
Desire Education:Bachelors of Science in Engineering Field with EIT
Desired Certifications:CMRP, CMRT, CRL