The jobs listed below are engineering positions with RMC member companies. The corresponding links will provide access to information about the position and the application process. Please apply DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANY. The RMC will not accept applications or resumes. This listing is provided as a benefit of RMC membership and as a resource for engineering students.
Product Manager-Vibration Portables and Wireless atEmerson Automation Solutions Company Location Knoxville, TN, US
This individual will provide leadership in product development and promotion of AMS brand portable and wireless vibration products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define and manage the future direction for portable and wireless vibration products.
- Develop specifications that match the international market requirements while balancing the capabilities of engineering.
- Define the proper message, positioning and pricing relevant to their products.
- Assist in the development of respective Marketing collateral; such as data sheets, presentations and trade publication articles.
- Act as the focal point to respond to technical or marketing requests for these products.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date technical and functional analysis on relevant competitors.
- Coordinate with other Emerson divisions to assure technical, messaging and positioning compliance.
- Assess the market position, size, trends, and needs for portable and wireless vibration.
Bachelors degree in Engineering required, Masters degree in Engineering or MBA a plus.
1-2 years experience in product marketing, technical development and/or technical sales; preferably with industry experience (intern/co-op experience will be considered).
Knowledge of machines and processes in industries such as Power, Refining, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pulp and Paper, Cement and/or Manufacturing.
Knowledge of software and vibration analysis techniques used to diagnose malfunctions with rotating machinery.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills.
Ability to communicate customer needs to engineer product developers.
Ability to communicate product features and benefits to sales team and customers.
Ability to maintain good customer relations.
Contact Todd Reeves at email@example.com
Reliability Engineer at Johns Manville
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Reliability Engineer. The Reliability Engineer has the overall responsibility for monitoring and improving reliability and performance of plant production and support equipment. This individual will champion the Asset Care and Reliability (AC&R) program, root cause analysis of failures, continuous improvement initiatives, and reliability related projects. This person is a key resource for the Maintenance Department.
The Etowah, Tennessee plant houses two major furnaces and two glass mat lines. Molten glass is produced on both furnaces and converted to a continuous filament fiber. The fiber is chopped to a prescribed length and then used in various processes in the building industry.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Coordinate and lead the Asset Care and Reliability program
- Manage predictive maintenance program including Thermal Scanning, Ultrasonic, Tribology and Vibration monitoring to ensure compliance to established standards.
- Hands-on facilitation of RCCA events (root cause corrective action).
- Review Engineering specs and design modifications to process equipment for reliability capability.
- Supervise, monitor, develop staff performance, training, and cross training, ensuring a work environment that is team oriented, supportive, respectful, and accountable
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance, plant, or reliability engineering experience in continuous manufacturing environment Proven history of continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Working knowledge of root cause analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals in team based environment.
Additional consideration given for:
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience would be a plus
Maintenance and Reliability Engineer/Coordinator at Jacobs
Maintenance and Reliability Engineer (MRE) will create/manage the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Plan in accordance with FOMS contract requirements.
MRE will work closely with the Government to develop and implement a comprehensive facility RCM program for the equipment and facilities at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and establish the most efficient maintenance organization.
MRE will collect and use the data per the CMMS MAXIMO Job Plan for each piece of equipment.
MRE will utilize onsite vibration analysis capability at or exceeding ISO 18436 levels. MRE shall use the existing established vibration data base for analysis, trending and reporting.
MRE shall be experienced in the collection of oil samples for analysis and oil analysis software, MCE use and analysis, ultrasonic and ultrasound testing and analysis, shaft and sheave alignment, and balancing of rotational facilities equipment.
Interpret PT&I data reports and enter the data into CMMS for to the equipment analyzed. MRE is responsible for upkeep and updating of PT&I equipment as well as providing training in these technologies and information for upgrades to PT&I equipment and processes to fellow employees.
Maintain and keep current all RCM PT&I software and data. Use PT&I technologies including vibration analysis, motor analysis, thermography, laser alignment, airborne ultrasound, and oil analysis. Perform root cause failure analysis, and failure modes and effects analysis.
Evaluate and develop RCM-based maintenance strategies for facilities equipment
The primary role of the Maintenance and Reliability Engineer position is to identify and manage asset reliability risks. Propose solutions to improve existing systems as they relate to Operations and Maintenance. Support the evolution of NASA’s Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS-Maximo) which is expected to include field mobility and/or mobile connectivity. Assist NASA Maintenance Specialists (and prime contractor maintenance personnel) to develop a more mature Maintenance system by integrating industry best practices. Responsible for optimizing work processes and administrative controls while utilizing CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) principles that can be applied to existing and future Preventative Maintenance Work Orders.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer will report to the Engineering Services Manager. The M&R Engineer will also coordinate with other managers to integrate RCM practices and optimize maintenance job plans.
Facilitate RCM training to NASA and prime contractor personnel to increase certifications and team synergy.
Required experience:8+ years.
Desire Education:Bachelors of Science in Engineering Field with EIT
Desired Certifications:CMRP, CMRT, CRL