The jobs listed below are engineering positions with RMC member companies. The corresponding links will provide access to information about the position and the application process. Please apply DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANY. The RMC will not accept applications or resumes. This listing is provided as a benefit of RMC membership and as a resource for engineering students.
Entry Level Mechanical Engineer at Domtar Industries, Inc. Port Huron Mill
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We design, manufacture, market, and distribute a wide range of paper products for a variety of customers, ranging from retail consumers to publishers.
Our Personal Care business encompasses the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of adult incontinence products, infant diapers, and other absorbent products. We sell a combination of branded and private label products, including briefs, protective underwear, underpants, pads, wash clothes, baby diapers, infant training pants, and related products.
The Port Huron, Michigan mill is a four-machine, non-integrated operation, producing 115,000 tons per year of lightweight specialty and printing papers. End uses for Port Huron’s products include packaging for quick-serve food, candy, and medical devices, as well as various books, catalogs, and financial publications.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The mechanical engineer will use engineering practices to design, modify, optimize and replace equipment for processes while applying total cost of ownership principles to all projects and activities. The incumbent will be involved in the design and installation stages of projects for new and modification of existing assets, replacement of existing assets and enhancing or optimizing current equipment. The successful candidate will also be involved in various engineering studies and programs such as Pressure Vessel & Tanks (PV&T), Pressure Relief Devices (PRD) and Fiberglass Reinforced Pipe (FRP) for mill compliancy with corporate standards. Responsibilities will include preparation of diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining and documenting projects and programs including:
- Follows and helps drive company safety and health guidelines.
- Works under guidance of other mechanical engineers and receives direction in the use of standard company procedures for mechanical engineering projects, programs and process.
- Works with project mechanical engineering ensuring the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations is incorporated and participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications
- Gathers, analyzes, and communicates reliability data from field tests, data bases, CMMS systems, and other data sources including correlation of the data using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs), reliability leaders, maintenance leaders and higher level mechanical engineers to construct effective and economical changes in equipment operation or design.
- Initiates elemental engineering studies and presents details to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback for gaining in-depth experience and improving judgment for advancing to higher level jobs.
- Performs engineering calculations and utilize established processes on systems where ingenuity and a minimum level of judgment are required.
- The incumbent will be technical support for production, maintenance management and technical personnel in the area of mechanical engineering, reliability and continuous improvement.
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- BS Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Technology) or equivalent.
- Internship or coop in the paper industry a plus
Submit Resume to: Click Here to Apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Reliability Engineer at Domtar Industries, Inc. Ashdown, Arkansas
Domtar Industries, Inc. in Ashdown, Arkansas is seeking to employee a Reliability Engineer to champion the development of sustainable, reliable processes using continuous improvement methodologies and sound reliability principles by working with the process owners from operations, maintenance, and all support teams; Power, Pulp/Woodyard or Paper/Converting. In each those areas you would be responsible to:
- Develop solutions to chronic repetitive failures through data research, failed component inspection, predictive technologies and proven methods. Initiate and lead multi-functional teams through RCA / RCFA exercises.
- Supervise personnel assigned to them.
- Develop and rollout mill standards for asset health improvement.
- Audit lubrication activities in assigned area to ensure Best Practices are being followed.
- Track KPIs in assigned area for accuracy and identify improvement opportunities.
- Train and support DMSI and SAP users in assigned area to ensure data integrity supports process understanding.
- Monitor ECCM/DMSI route alarms / information to initiate corrective work and prevent future failures. Ensure sustainability and integrity of the program.
- Provide planning and scheduling support.
- Support precision maintenance work execution and documentation.
Candidates are preferred to have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, and a minimum of three years applicable experience; strong commitment to safety; and have proficient computer skills.
The Ashdown mill offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
If you are looking for a positive change in your career submit your resume to:
Domtar Industries Inc.
285 Hwy 71 South
Ashdown, AR 71822
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
Global Reliability Engineer at OWENS CORNING Granville, Ohio
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer (RE) is to utilize engineering practices to drive out sources of repetitive failure in equipment and processes. The Reliability Engineer will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. In addition, the Reliability Engineer is involved in the Early Management (EM) for design and installation stages of Capital projects for new assets and modification of existing assets, and conducts and develops various analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes. And, the RE will be involved in the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Planned Maintenance (PM) Pillar programs.
This role acquires process and equipment data, provides analysis of the data to include preparation of charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports which define reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements. The level of reliability required for a particular asset will consider the criticality ranking, the economic limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment, etc. The Reliability Engineer, with clear external perspective of our customer’s demands, will develop plans to reduce or eliminate production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, and executes or follows the execution of that plan intended to drive improved availability.
Reports to: Global Process Leader – Manufacturing Reliability Group and Loss Control
Span of Control: External Reliability Resources
Live the Owens Corning Safety Stand – Living Safely
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Live the OC safety culture and promote
- Ensure a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement, and strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures.
Drives the elimination of production and maintenance losses
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from data bases, field tests, CMMS systems and other data sources, and correlates the data using well defined engineering techniques and procedures.
- Assist/Learn and eventually facilitate Root Cause analysis/Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Determine “Bad Actors” and Prioritize findings to focus on the largest or most critical opportunities.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Maintenance leaders, and other Reliability Engineers to develop a plan in partnership with Operations and Maintenance, to effectively and economically improve equipment and process designs.
- Capable of leading PM Pillar/Reliability projects.
Improves asset total cost of ownership across the enterprise.
- Partner with Capital Delivery to ensure the Early Management focus on reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment installations have been considered as part of the project.
- Capable of training/teaching PM Pillar and reliability
- Able to define, develop, monitor and refine asset maintenance strategies.
- Partner with plant PM Pillar/maintenance teams to define, develop and refine the Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program
- Application of Storeroom/MRO best practices
- Develop/Apply Master Equipment list, Equipment Criticality, etc.
Leads and develops talent
- Provides reliability based and precision maintenance training
- Provides feedback on expectations and performance for PdM team members
- In partnership with Maintenance Leader, leads and builds an effective work team to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Leads/Manages External resources on projects and programs
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree required
- Reliability Engineering minor highly desirable, as is an Advanced degree
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Reliability Engineer
- Experience with Condition based monitoring technologies like Vibration monitoring, Thermography, Infrared, Ultra Sound, Motor Circuit Analysis, etc. Training in these technologies is highly desirable
Click Here to link directly to the Owens Corning positions.
Reliability Engineer at Huber Engineered Woods Spring City, TN
Huber Engineered Woods (HEW), a division of J.M. Huber Corporation, combines its advanced adhesives and wood product technologies with state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to produce premium structural wood panel products. Innovative construction products like AdvanTech® subflooring and ZIP System® sheathing have changed the way homes and buildings go together. HEW brings together professionals with experience in research and development, product engineering and manufacturing to create products that solve specific problems.
Our Corporate Office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. HEW manufacturing facilities are located in Georgia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Maine.
Provide proactive technical guidance for the reliable operation of plant machinery as well as assist in reactive technical troubleshooting of day to day operations. Perform reliability studies on existing equipment and recommend needed improvements to management in the areas of equipment philosophies, strategies and best practices for asset productivity. This position focuses on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis versus first response, day-to-day troubleshooting of failed equipment. Provide best practice reliability training to all plant personnel. Ensure our CMMS is set up and being utilized to provide effective and efficient work capture, work execution and work history.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
- Two year technical degree required. BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Significant Reliability systems experience considered.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in the areas of reliability methods and techniques.
- Capability to lead teams to achieve desired results.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in CMMS systems.
- Knowledgeable and certified in predictive maintenance technologies. ( Vibration, Thermographics, acoustics, lubrication, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, databases and statistical packages.
- Knowledge of process control and automation desirable.
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Solid decision making abilities.
Click Here to link directly to the Huber Engineered Woods positions.
Acquiring Talent Program- Reliability Engineer at Alcoa Global Rolled Products, TN
Alcoa is currently seeking highly motivated and energetic team members to join our team as a Reliability Engineer in Davenport, IA or Tennessee.
About the Alcoa Acquiring Talent Program (ATP):
GRP’s Acquiring Talent Program is designed to hire high-potential leaders who have strong biases toward action, the execution of business results, and achieving results. It is also designed to ensure the long-term success of our business by deliberately supplementing our current talent to fill our need for Alcoa’s future leaders.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for Reliability and Mechanical Engineering
- Technical skill areas include: Project Management, Statistical Methods, Engineering Calculations
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
- Willingness to relocate domestically
- A Bachelor’s or Master degree in Reliability or Mechanical Engineering.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three years of work experience or strong relevant Co-Op internship experience in related field
Click Here to link directly to the Alcoa positions.
Maintenance Reliability engineers at Nissan Vehicle assembly facility located in Canton, MS
The Nissan Vehicle assembly facility located in Canton, MS is in the process of hiring 4 Maintenance Reliability engineers. These are additional positions to the existing organization and can be entry level positions. Nissan has an immediate need for these positions, and is aggressively recruiting. Please use link to the Nissan job site below to apply, AND send your resume directly to Senior Maintenance Manager, Jason Gower (Jason.Gower@nissan-usa.com)
Nissan jobs site: http://nissan.jobs. The position number is 45528BR.
Click Here to link directly to the Reliability Engineer positions.