The jobs listed below are engineering positions with RMC member companies. The corresponding links will provide access to information about the position and the application process. Please apply DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANY. The RMC will not accept applications or resumes. This listing is provided as a benefit of RMC membership and as a resource for engineering students.
Senior Reliability Engineer at Merck & Co., Inc., DeSoto, Kansas
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position will act as single point of contact for Integrated Process Team (IPT) reliability across Midwest region (Elkhorn NE, Worthington MN, DeSoto KS and Ames IA).
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for:
- Recognized as a subject matter expert and makes recommendations for decisions.
- Develops routine reports for tracking equipment efficiencies, equipment downtime, repair cost, and problem analysis.
- Originates/Initiates projects with wide scope and higher liability at the site level.
- Recognizes and leads implementation of the maintenance vision.
- Leads implementation of new technology and new applications of existing technology.
- Delivers training.
- Interprets local guidelines.
- Effectively controls plans and leads maintenance and reliability efforts for equipment, and complex integrated systems. Cognizant of future business direction and initiates change accordingly.
- Identifies training needs and develops accordingly.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Proactive Asset Management
- Responsible for strategic asset management plan for site (development, management, and communication) including integration to applicable capital plans.
- Determine and implement all Preventative Maintenance requirements for an equipment asset by applying customary maintenance engineering principles and leveraging new technologies as applicable.
- Implement changes in collaboration with asset owner and maintenance personnel to optimize PMs. Documents optimized gains and communicate to stakeholders on new expected results.
- Track and ensure evaluation of equipment failures for trends related to asset reliability for the asset life cycle. Communicate deficiencies and recommendations/corrective actions to management/customers/stakeholders.
- Maintenance Process/Compliance Program Management
- Site Subject Matter Expert for Corporate policies, guidelines, procedures, acting as maintenance compliance steward for site.
- Design, implement, and sustain maintenance compliance programs to be in compliance with cGMP and other regulatory expectations.
- Support stakeholders/customers with development, implementation, and training for associated compliance sub-systems.
- Develop and maintain maintenance procedures required to sustain various business processes in a compliant manner.
- Project Management/Capital Project Support
- Responsible for all aspects of project management (analysis, design, planning, scheduling, securing funds, coordinating equipment, procurement, cost control, supervising, contracted resources, status reporting, communication, ensuring team involvement);
- Develop spare parts lists for new and modified equipment.
- Provide input during Basis of Design (BOD) and Detailed Design during large capital projects, applying good maintenance and reliability engineering principles.
- Facilitate the removal of PM activites and spare part allocations for equipment being decommissioned.
- Manage contract work as assigned.
- Problem Resolution/Troubleshooting:
- Responsible for identifying and applying creative/technical solutions aimed at cost reduction, improved yields and quality of products and/or facilities which meet all regulatory requirements.
- Applies technical skills and ingenuity to correct equipment problems that result in deviations/quality notifications, production downtime or consume excessive maintenance resources.
- Serve as liaison when working with other departments or outside contractors
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of six years of experience in a maintenance or engineering role.
- Ability to locate and/or rank problem assets in an effort to lower maintenance costs
- Analytical and problems solving skills with regard to electrical, automation and / or mechanical equipment and their use within a manufacturing process
- Demonstrated use of risk assessment tools (examples: FMEA, RBAM, etc.)
- Use of Lean Six Sigma tools and a certification as Green or Black Belt
- Experience as a Maintenance or Reliability Professional.
- Pharmaceutical Experience in an operations, technical or maintenance leadership position
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Reliability Engineer at ICL Americas Group, Gallipolis Ferry, West Virginia
This position is responsible for maintenance improvements, developing systems to improve equipment reliability, and efficiency improvements for reduced costs.
- KPIs and performance assessment for this position:
- Machine surveys
- Review existing and develop new maintenance work practice documents and forms
- Conduct periodical check on equipment to understand the preventive maintenance needed for each and the frequencies
- Supervisor management
- Prioritize preventive and predictive maintenance tasks
- Assign mechanics on prioritized task each day
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis or failure mode and effect analysis to help maintenance mechanics to understand the equipment better
- Coordinate with corrective maintenance team to see if there’s emergency that needs extra support from preventive maintenance crew
- Projects as assigned
- Conduct Kaizen events on line, examine the ROI of repair vs. replace for equipment regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineering or a related field
- Experience with: 1) manufacturing equipment – pumps (centrifugal, gear, vacuum), gear boxes (pumps, mixers), blowers, mixers; 2) preventative maintenance – inspections, lubrication, basic adjustment; 3) predictive maintenance techniques – oil analysis, ultrasonic/sonic, vibration analysis, thermography
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work meticulously
- Ability to work independently as well as work within a team environment and promote collaboration
- Strong integrity and trustworthiness
- Budget planning and management skills
- Ability to perform as a global player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Project)
- Proficiency with SAP
- 10+ years maintenance experience at a manufacturing facility strongly preferred; 3+ years at manufacturing facility minimum.
Regional Maintenance Manager at Amazon.com.dedc, LLC. Seattle, Washington
Amazon is seeking a dynamic, organized, self-starter to be a Regional Maintenance Manager (RFM) to join our corporate-based engineering team. Our focus on the customer and innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more types of products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices.
In this position the impacts you can expect to enjoy include:
· Work with a substantial predictive maintenance reliability program to drive downtime to zero
· Work with innovative technologies to include robotics, Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs), conveyance, and other Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
· Develop a high performance team of managers and individual contributors, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment
· Be supported in developing talent within your teams to expand their careers through formalized training via conferences, workshops, and mentoring
· Make History
· Providing oversight for budget development and execution, and capital planning
· Managing vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage Amazon’s network size to maximize economies of scale
· Developing and managing budget and contract documents including Request for Proposals (RFPs), change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
Hiring and developing the best:
· Leading, mentoring and managing field-based Facilities Mangers in the expansion and continuous improvement of Amazon’s North American Fulfillment Network
· Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring bar raising talent in the Facilities team
Audit, Report and Record:
· Monitoring, auditing and enforcing maintenance execution and safe work practices
· Instituting and auditing training drills across the network
· Driving Maintenance Best Practices including: Innovating, documenting, improving work methods, standardizing, providing a safe work environment and requiring safe work practices, training, commissioning equipment, collecting, measuring, and analyzing key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Amazon customers’ experience
Partnering across business lanes:
· Leveraging the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network
Providing Fulfillment Center General Managers with visibility over facilities manager responsibilities so that they can better understand, lead, mentor, and manage Facility Managers
· Bachelor Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience
· Previous corporate and/or regional facilities roles leading multiple sites and managing managers
· At least 7 years of experience managing employees and their performance
· At least 7 years of experience in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills
· At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial maintenance
· Ability to travel up to 85%
· CMRP, CMRT, CRP, FMP, CFM, SFP, MRC, Reliability Engineer certificates
· Experience in robotics and emerging technologies
· Experience in driving 100% uptime
· Experience leading change in a remote environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Entry Level Mechanical Engineer at Domtar Industries, Inc. Port Huron Mill
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We design, manufacture, market, and distribute a wide range of paper products for a variety of customers, ranging from retail consumers to publishers.
Our Personal Care business encompasses the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of adult incontinence products, infant diapers, and other absorbent products. We sell a combination of branded and private label products, including briefs, protective underwear, underpants, pads, wash clothes, baby diapers, infant training pants, and related products.
The Port Huron, Michigan mill is a four-machine, non-integrated operation, producing 115,000 tons per year of lightweight specialty and printing papers. End uses for Port Huron’s products include packaging for quick-serve food, candy, and medical devices, as well as various books, catalogs, and financial publications.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The mechanical engineer will use engineering practices to design, modify, optimize and replace equipment for processes while applying total cost of ownership principles to all projects and activities. The incumbent will be involved in the design and installation stages of projects for new and modification of existing assets, replacement of existing assets and enhancing or optimizing current equipment. The successful candidate will also be involved in various engineering studies and programs such as Pressure Vessel & Tanks (PV&T), Pressure Relief Devices (PRD) and Fiberglass Reinforced Pipe (FRP) for mill compliancy with corporate standards. Responsibilities will include preparation of diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining and documenting projects and programs including:
- Follows and helps drive company safety and health guidelines.
- Works under guidance of other mechanical engineers and receives direction in the use of standard company procedures for mechanical engineering projects, programs and process.
- Works with project mechanical engineering ensuring the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations is incorporated and participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications
- Gathers, analyzes, and communicates reliability data from field tests, data bases, CMMS systems, and other data sources including correlation of the data using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs), reliability leaders, maintenance leaders and higher level mechanical engineers to construct effective and economical changes in equipment operation or design.
- Initiates elemental engineering studies and presents details to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback for gaining in-depth experience and improving judgment for advancing to higher level jobs.
- Performs engineering calculations and utilize established processes on systems where ingenuity and a minimum level of judgment are required.
- The incumbent will be technical support for production, maintenance management and technical personnel in the area of mechanical engineering, reliability and continuous improvement.
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- BS Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Technology) or equivalent.
- Internship or coop in the paper industry a plus
Submit Resume to: Click Here to Apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Reliability Engineer at Domtar Industries, Inc. Ashdown, Arkansas
Domtar Industries, Inc. in Ashdown, Arkansas is seeking to employee a Reliability Engineer to champion the development of sustainable, reliable processes using continuous improvement methodologies and sound reliability principles by working with the process owners from operations, maintenance, and all support teams; Power, Pulp/Woodyard or Paper/Converting. In each those areas you would be responsible to:
- Develop solutions to chronic repetitive failures through data research, failed component inspection, predictive technologies and proven methods. Initiate and lead multi-functional teams through RCA / RCFA exercises.
- Supervise personnel assigned to them.
- Develop and rollout mill standards for asset health improvement.
- Audit lubrication activities in assigned area to ensure Best Practices are being followed.
- Track KPIs in assigned area for accuracy and identify improvement opportunities.
- Train and support DMSI and SAP users in assigned area to ensure data integrity supports process understanding.
- Monitor ECCM/DMSI route alarms / information to initiate corrective work and prevent future failures. Ensure sustainability and integrity of the program.
- Provide planning and scheduling support.
- Support precision maintenance work execution and documentation.
Candidates are preferred to have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, and a minimum of three years applicable experience; strong commitment to safety; and have proficient computer skills.
The Ashdown mill offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
If you are looking for a positive change in your career submit your resume to:
Domtar Industries Inc.
285 Hwy 71 South
Ashdown, AR 71822
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
Global Reliability Engineer at OWENS CORNING Granville, Ohio
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer (RE) is to utilize engineering practices to drive out sources of repetitive failure in equipment and processes. The Reliability Engineer will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. In addition, the Reliability Engineer is involved in the Early Management (EM) for design and installation stages of Capital projects for new assets and modification of existing assets, and conducts and develops various analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes. And, the RE will be involved in the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Planned Maintenance (PM) Pillar programs.
This role acquires process and equipment data, provides analysis of the data to include preparation of charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports which define reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements. The level of reliability required for a particular asset will consider the criticality ranking, the economic limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment, etc. The Reliability Engineer, with clear external perspective of our customer’s demands, will develop plans to reduce or eliminate production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, and executes or follows the execution of that plan intended to drive improved availability.
Reports to: Global Process Leader – Manufacturing Reliability Group and Loss Control
Span of Control: External Reliability Resources
Live the Owens Corning Safety Stand – Living Safely
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Live the OC safety culture and promote
- Ensure a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement, and strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures.
Drives the elimination of production and maintenance losses
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from data bases, field tests, CMMS systems and other data sources, and correlates the data using well defined engineering techniques and procedures.
- Assist/Learn and eventually facilitate Root Cause analysis/Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Determine “Bad Actors” and Prioritize findings to focus on the largest or most critical opportunities.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Maintenance leaders, and other Reliability Engineers to develop a plan in partnership with Operations and Maintenance, to effectively and economically improve equipment and process designs.
- Capable of leading PM Pillar/Reliability projects.
Improves asset total cost of ownership across the enterprise.
- Partner with Capital Delivery to ensure the Early Management focus on reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment installations have been considered as part of the project.
- Capable of training/teaching PM Pillar and reliability
- Able to define, develop, monitor and refine asset maintenance strategies.
- Partner with plant PM Pillar/maintenance teams to define, develop and refine the Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program
- Application of Storeroom/MRO best practices
- Develop/Apply Master Equipment list, Equipment Criticality, etc.
Leads and develops talent
- Provides reliability based and precision maintenance training
- Provides feedback on expectations and performance for PdM team members
- In partnership with Maintenance Leader, leads and builds an effective work team to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Leads/Manages External resources on projects and programs
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree required
- Reliability Engineering minor highly desirable, as is an Advanced degree
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Reliability Engineer
- Experience with Condition based monitoring technologies like Vibration monitoring, Thermography, Infrared, Ultra Sound, Motor Circuit Analysis, etc. Training in these technologies is highly desirable
Click Here to link directly to the Owens Corning positions.
Reliability Engineer at Huber Engineered Woods Spring City, TN
Huber Engineered Woods (HEW), a division of J.M. Huber Corporation, combines its advanced adhesives and wood product technologies with state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to produce premium structural wood panel products. Innovative construction products like AdvanTech® subflooring and ZIP System® sheathing have changed the way homes and buildings go together. HEW brings together professionals with experience in research and development, product engineering and manufacturing to create products that solve specific problems.
Our Corporate Office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. HEW manufacturing facilities are located in Georgia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Maine.
Provide proactive technical guidance for the reliable operation of plant machinery as well as assist in reactive technical troubleshooting of day to day operations. Perform reliability studies on existing equipment and recommend needed improvements to management in the areas of equipment philosophies, strategies and best practices for asset productivity. This position focuses on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis versus first response, day-to-day troubleshooting of failed equipment. Provide best practice reliability training to all plant personnel. Ensure our CMMS is set up and being utilized to provide effective and efficient work capture, work execution and work history.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
- Two year technical degree required. BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Significant Reliability systems experience considered.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in the areas of reliability methods and techniques.
- Capability to lead teams to achieve desired results.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in CMMS systems.
- Knowledgeable and certified in predictive maintenance technologies. ( Vibration, Thermographics, acoustics, lubrication, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, databases and statistical packages.
- Knowledge of process control and automation desirable.
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Solid decision making abilities.
Click Here to link directly to the Huber Engineered Woods positions.
Acquiring Talent Program- Reliability Engineer at Alcoa Global Rolled Products, TN
Alcoa is currently seeking highly motivated and energetic team members to join our team as a Reliability Engineer in Davenport, IA or Tennessee.
About the Alcoa Acquiring Talent Program (ATP):
GRP’s Acquiring Talent Program is designed to hire high-potential leaders who have strong biases toward action, the execution of business results, and achieving results. It is also designed to ensure the long-term success of our business by deliberately supplementing our current talent to fill our need for Alcoa’s future leaders.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for Reliability and Mechanical Engineering
- Technical skill areas include: Project Management, Statistical Methods, Engineering Calculations
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
- Willingness to relocate domestically
- A Bachelor’s or Master degree in Reliability or Mechanical Engineering.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three years of work experience or strong relevant Co-Op internship experience in related field
Click Here to link directly to the Alcoa positions.
Maintenance Reliability engineers at Nissan Vehicle assembly facility located in Canton, MS
The Nissan Vehicle assembly facility located in Canton, MS is in the process of hiring 4 Maintenance Reliability engineers. These are additional positions to the existing organization and can be entry level positions. Nissan has an immediate need for these positions, and is aggressively recruiting. Please use link to the Nissan job site below to apply, AND send your resume directly to Senior Maintenance Manager, Jason Gower (Jason.Gower@nissan-usa.com)
Nissan jobs site: http://nissan.jobs. The position number is 45528BR.
Click Here to link directly to the Reliability Engineer positions.